Monday, September 17, 2007

Where the heck have I've been ??

I''ve been busy doing stuff
not really artsy stuff though...
We've been camping
every week-end..fishing and just relaxing...Now that fall is is the air..I just love it more Although I do some artsy stuff while there.. That's where I worked on these art dolls for a swap. The other thing I made was a felted purse. I forgot to take a before picture. If you've never felted it's a lot of fun ,you knit with 100% wool..and usually use big needles..sometime 2 yarns held together..It comes out huge.. but then when you throw it in the washer with hot water.. and carefully watch it felts down to about 1/2 to 2/3 of the orignal size and you no longer see the stiches. This one is about 10 inches high...so I think it was about 18inches before felting.
It's really a very pretty shade of red..kind of a barn red with variations throughout it.. Tomorrow I leave for MT. Vernon, WA to attend an Activities Professional Conf. I will be there through Friday...So I probably won't be back on until..unless they have interent access in my hotel room..So you all take care until then..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the dolls and the bag! they are awesome...I love felting but I cant knit so I buy the wool felt and then felt it in the machine...my doll has felted cherries on her head...not sure if you noticed. Liv and daniel (grandkids) did them for me...they dont even poke themselves or more importantly, each other! Hurry back! Melinda

Vintage to Victorian said...

Hi Judy
Thanks for popping back and explaining flower pounding. Sounds interesting and I will certainly google it to find out more. Sorry yours wasn't the winning name, but maybe next time ...
Sue