Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I got mail !!!


I received three cards.......as you can see each one is special and unique. I have 13 ready to mail out but I'm waiting for clear envelopes. I think they just protects them a little bit more. I will post pictures before I mail them out. I used some of the fabric I made and I think they turned pretty nice. Very busy time at work for me. It's the end of the month and I have the next month activity calendar all planned, printed and ready to go tomottow. Then I make a big calendar for the wall..I mean big..4 feet by 5 feet. It's the focal point when anyone comes in. They like to see whats going on, what activities to attend or what activivites they can attend with their mom or dad. For those that don't know my daytime job is an Activity Professional at a longterm care facility. We try to keep them engaged in meaningful activities. Which at times is very challenging to say the least. But I have done this kind of work for about almost 25 years..and I love working with the elders. If I can bring just 1 smile to just 1 person lost in dementia it makes my whole day. Sometimes you can see that little sparkle in their eyes and you know they are remembering...something..sometime..somewhere or someone. Time to get busy and try and create something......

No comments: